I recently was reminded of Oprah’s annual giveaway to her audience of her favourite things. I thought how lucky she was to get to give to others some of the things that make her happy. How fabulous that would be?
And so I got to thinking. If I was a billionaire media mogul, what favourite things would I give away to you, my audience?
- Le Creuset cookware. There’s some stuffed with lamb shanks and prunes in the oven right now.
- Victorinox knife. I still love it.
- My blue Sequoia handbag from Bello. The guys in Bello have exquisite taste. And I have often drooled over the French handbags they source on their regular buying trips to Paris. Last year, I treated myself. And I love it.
- Antipodes Deliverance Kowhai Flower Hand Cream. I’ve raved about this before.
- An e-reader or iPad. Having used these now for a year, I love them both. I will blog again about them I’m sure.
- A selection of my own, personal (home-made) cards – printed with flowers and animals from my travels – and a beautiful pen
- A picnic basket from Moore Wilsons, comprising: smoked mussel pate, red capsicum dip, Le Canard’s duck rillete, Panadoro Turkish bread, Evansdale brie, a chocolate vegan raspberry cake, and some macarons
- A bottle of organic Kawarau Estate Reserve Pinot Noir (my friends own the vineyard, and they do export ) and some Man O War Chardonnay (my favourite)
- A safari at Ngala or Ulusaba
I realise that I’d already blogged about many of my favourite things. It’s nice to see they’re withstanding the tests of time.