Charlie visited again a week ago, but this time, for the first time, without her parents (though they were only across the city attending meetings and staying in a hotel), and so it was an adventure for all of us, but a successful one we all hope to repeat again, when I can learn new things, such as:
- Biscuits taste better when we’ve iced them together, but …
- That meat really was “in serious need of gravy!”
- Quiet time is just as important as adventures.
- It’s better to do things in the morning when you’re awake and enthusiastic, than later in the day when you’re tired.
- Sometimes, if you have bad news, it is best to ease into it.
- Te Papa is always awesome, no matter how many times we go, but it’s even better when we have no time limit.
- Exercise is good, no matter what the temperature.