I am taking up a friend’s suggestion that I run a competition to guess where I’m going on my next trip, and the winners (first to guess* correctly) will receive a postcard from the destination they identified. (Two qualifications to this: 1. Assuming postcards are still available for purchase (if not, I’ll make a photocard on my return), and 2. The postcard will have been bought from the destination, but might not be posted from there.)
We’re going to eight countries on this five-week trip, seven of which will be new and exciting for us.
Clues (I might add to this list later in the week):
- It will take a total of about 31 hours travelling time (from home to hotel) to reach our first destination, which is really only a stop-over to go onto the others.
- Two destinations (or more, I’m not sure) might offer the opportunity to see (or even better) photograph puffins.
- According to internet historical weather data, I have to pack for daily high temperatures ranging from 5 C (41F) to 33C (91F) … and in at least one destination, rain, lots of rain.
- Only one of the destinations would require me to get a visa, but given my mode of travel to enter this location, it turns out I don’t need one there either.
* If you already know where I’m going (because I’ve told you), and you want a postcard too, email me your address at malinzblog(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)nz.